Wood damaging pests can attack expensive antiques and even a building’s structural components. Knowing the type of wood boring beetles involved can help determine the most effective control methods. Wood boring insects are seen as pests due to the damage they create in both urban, and rural areas. Within an urban environment wood boring insects can cause a huge amount of damage to residential properties. Whilst in agricultural and rural settings, wood boring insects are responsible for damaging crops. However, it’s worth noting that some wood boring insects are a key part to the ecosystem, helping to recycle dead trees. There are some cases though where wood boring insects have become an epidemic in some forests killing a large amount of trees.
WHY CHOOSE THIS SERVICE?
- No need to vacate.
- A spray treatment for protection against wood-borers.
- Job completed while you wait!
LESSER GRAIN BORER (Rhyzopertha dominica)
- A serious pest of most stored grains
- Dark down cylindrical beetle(3mm long). Borers Have their head tucked under their bodr with their eyes and mouth only visible from the side.
- Adult beetles are strong flyers and live for 2-3 months.
- Female lay 200-400eggs on grain surface.Breeding ceases below 18c.
- You8ng larves(White with brown heads) initially feed outside then bore into grain.
- Life cycle comleted in four weeks at 35c and seven weeks at 22c.
- Their habit is to remain hidden in grain.sieving required for detection.
Wood Borer Control
Wood Borers are tiny beetles whose larvae feed extensively on wood. The adults make tiny pinched size holes on the wooden surface before flying out. The frass or powder then begins to fall out from these tiny holes. This is the first sign of infestation in the furniture.
Wood Preservative chemicals are injected into the tiny holes created by the wood borers with the help of a syringe. This kills larvae presents in the wood. The surface of the wood is also sprayed with chemicals that contain a petroleum base.
- A warranted and long lasting solution to your wood borer problem.
- Preserves your precious furniture from wood borer damage.
Four services conducted in order to provide protection for a period of one year.
- 1st Service followed by 2nd Service after tow weeks.
- 3rd Service, carried out four months after the 1st Service.
- 4th Service, carried out eight months after the 1st Service.